Visiting your dentist often is the best way to ensure your oral health and save money on dental care in the long run. The key is to addressing problems before they become bigger issues. Patients will be evaluated and placed on cleaning schedules of 3, 4 or 6 months based upon their oral hygiene and presence of health or diseased gums and teeth. Regular dental visits include:
- Examination of gums & tongue for early indicators of disease
- Checking for loose teeth, bite alignment, and visual evidence of tooth decay
- Early detection of decay, gum disease and need for repair on existing restorations
- X-rays are taken to detect decay in between the teeth that is not visible in the mouth and to detect abnormalities in the bone surrounding the teeth
- Some appointments may include the application of fluoride varnish to help prevent dental decay and assist in the sensitivity of teeth. Fluoride is also a great way to prevent cavities in children and adolescents
- Some appointments may also include sealant application to the chewing surfaces on the permanent and primary teeth. Sealants are a thin plastic material that is placed in the pits and grooves of the back teeth to prevent bacteria from forming cavities in these grooves. Sealants are a great option for children and adolescents to keep them cavity free!
When you come to Jennifer Grant Family Dentistry, you can be confident and know what to expect from your treatment plan, how much it will cost, and what your insurance is likely to cover. We provide a summary of your visit and future treatment to ensure you are comfortable and well-informed about your care.
Schedule your appointment today!